Recipe 2: Frozen Banana Snack – Sledding Penguins (no. 13)
These cute little sledding penguins are a fun snack for winter. If your kids like chocolate-covered frozen bananas, they’re sure to like this dressed up version too!
Made with chocolate and Reese’s Pieces, these flightless birds aren’t exactly steeped in nutrients, but they are a healthier alternative to ice cream.
Note: this is probably not a snack that will keep for long. Freeze them for 20 minutes then eat them. They’ll be fine.
I guess you’ll have heard of chocolate covered frozen bananas? So why not craft it up a bit.
- 1 banana for 2 “penguins”
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- Reeces pieces
Here are the steps:
- Grab some bananas and maybe 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir the chips
- Microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Cut the bananas so they have a flat bottom
- Carefully dip in chocolate until the top and sides have been covered.
Ok so they look a little like Elvis here but stick with me.
- Attach Reeces pieces as eyes to the still melty chocolate and half of the orange ones as a beak.
- Attach two orange ones as feet – cut M&M’s for the feet in half.
- Put the penguins (in tin foil*) in your freezer for about 20 minutes.
Tip: *Spray tin foil with pan spray to make sure they came off easily.
Here are the boys ready to chow down…
Everyone’s a little chocolaty but it was fun!