Some of the other benefits Dr Axe lists include:
1. Improved digestive health due the fiber, which also curbs hunger and suppresses appetite thus leading to weigh loss;
2. Improved heart health because chia seeds reverse inflammation, regulate cholesterol and lower blood pressure;
Because chia seeds are rich in alpha-linolenic acid and fiber, researchers from the University of Litoral in Argentina set out to determine how chia seeds can help prevent metabolic disorders like dyslipidemia (excessive fat in the blood) and insulin resistance – which are two factors in the development of diabetes.
… In a nutshell, chia seeds was proven to halt diabetes and reverse it!
4. Boost energy and metabolism;
5. Strengthens bones;
6. Build muscle and lose weight;
7. A 2013, the Journal of Molecular Biochemistry found that alpha lineic acid (or ALA) which is an Omega-3 fatty acid, of which chia seeds are a rich source, limited the growth of cancer cells in both breast and cervical cancers;
8. Good for dental health due to calcium, zinc, Vitamin A and phosphorous.
The recipe is on the Next Page …