Recipe 3: The Vanilla Smoothie
This recipe from Rocco DiSpirito, award-winning chef and best-selling author of The Pound a Day Diet, delivers a jolt of protein thanks to the Greek yogurt and egg whites (don’t worry, you won’t even taste it—we’re not getting all Rocky on you).
“Plus the probiotics from the yogurt contribute to a healthy belly all day long,” Rocco says.
Ingredients: (Serves: 2)
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond beverage (such as Silk)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean, split and pulp scraped out with a knife
- 6 packets monk fruit extract (such as Monk Fruit in the Raw)
- 1 six-ounce container fat-free Greek yogurt (such as Fage 0%)
- 1 fresh egg white
- 1 cup crushed or small cubes of ice
- Add almond beverage, salt, vanilla extract, vanilla pulp, monk fruit, and yogurt to blender
- Blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Add the egg white and ice and blend until smooth.
Nutrition: 98.5 calories, 12g protein
Recipe 4 coming up on Next Page…